On the 15 of June, The Department for Education issued an update to their ‘Guidance for secondary school provision’ which outlined their intention to allow secondary schools to invite all year groups into school for a face-to-face meeting.
Our plan has been formulated with the central ethos that the safety of our students, their families and school staff is of paramount importance. The school has planned a provision which will enhance the school’s remote learning package, whilst also supporting the feedback students are already receiving from their teachers on the work they are completing remotely.
The provision for Year 7,8 & 9 will run as follows;
- Each day we will be inviting 3 forms into school split over 3 different sessions
- Students will need to make their way to school via an appropriate and safe method of transport – walking, cycling or being dropped off by a parent. The school will not be running its bus service and parents will need to contact First Bus and Tiger Bus to review the local authority services
- Students will be timetabled on a staggered start from 12:45 pm (the specific time will be allocated to your child and sent to you via parent mail next week)
- Students, where possible, will be taught by their class teacher in groups of no more than 10 students
- Each group will attend school once before the school closes for the summer holidays.
The school’s expectations of students attending school from June 29;
- Students will need to bring their own equipment and be in appropriate clothing (students are not required to wear school uniform)
- Students will have handwashing/sanitizing facilities available to them in all areas of the school. The students will be responsible for maintaining good hygiene throughout their time on the school site
- In classrooms, students will sit one student per table and 2m from other students
- Students will need to move around school using the one-way system walking on the left, adhering to 2m distancing
- At the end of the lesson, students will need to exit school immediately.