Complementing the taught curriculum, our extensive Enrichment Programme is designed to broaden our student’s horizons through a vibrant array of activities before and after the school day.
To ensure our activities are not overbooked, you will be required to register a place through Parent Mail. All enrichment activities are free of charge and open to all students.
Click the buttons below to see our Enrichment timetables
Developing self-reliance and promoting citizenship
We encourage our students to engage with the local community through charity work and as Student Leaders. We have close links with the National Citizenship Service which connects young people with volunteering opportunities and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme which is open to students from Year 9 upwards.
There are many enrichment activities on offer to students, which can be viewed on our enrichment timetable.
We are also keen to provide opportunities for our students to learn and perform outside the classroom. Typical activities include:
- Art & Design Technology trip to New York
- History trip to the Battlefields in France and Belgium
- Modern Languages trips to Finland, Spain and France
- Participation in the Mrs Sunderland Festival
- Physics trip to Switzerland
- Skiing in Austria and Italy
- Year 7 Bushcraft in Cheshire
Our aim with enrichment at Rastrick High School is to:
- Help students gain exposure to new subjects and disciplines
- Allows Rastrick High School and our students to identify talents and key areas of interest
- Helps to reduce anxiety
- Increases student’s social and soft skills
- Allows our students to gain real-world and applied experiences
- Enhances our student’s confidence in personal abilities
- Helps build great relationships between teachers and students.