Wellbeing – A welcoming place to work
The school values and supports its staff, as evidenced by the following:
- The Employee Assistance Programme is in place and free of charge for all staff.
- We have three senior members of staff, who are all trained as Mental Health First Aiders. They are on hand to address wellbeing concerns and signpost them to additional support.
- The school fitness suite is available to staff at no charge.
- The fact that almost all staff have their own teaching room.
- Duties for staff are carefully planned in terms of how they dovetail with staff free periods and/or teaching base.
- There is on-site HR provision to support staff and a commitment to effective use.
- The fact that the school has a strong record of supporting staff in times of individual and collective challenges.
- Extremely supportive individual flexible working arrangements.
- Equality objectives to celebrate diversity and ensure equal opportunity in terms of appointment are in place.
- Weekly briefings dedicated to staff reflection and being together as a community.
- A staff extra-curricular programme is in place and well attended.
- Strong governor support.
- Staff Celebration Events at regular intervals.
- SLT visibility.